Home » Advance Your Knowledge

Advance Your Knowledge

Better Memory through Exercise

Exercise memory

Consistent cardiovascular exercise not only strengthens your heart, lungs and skeletal muscles, but it also boosts your brain power, increasing grey matter and improving cognition. Here are some of the mental benefits of exercise. Learn New Things Does your New Year’s resolution involve learning a new skill? You might want to add a daily dose of exercise to the list. ... Read More »

Gear for a Cure: Spinning® for Breast Cancer Awareness

Gear_4_A_Cure_package_Breast_Cancer

Special thanks to the Spinning® community for all your participation, “Gear for a Cure” packages helped Spinning contribute to A Vision of Health, a non-profit organization that offers a comprehensive breast cancer prevention program along with screening services. About 1 in 8 (12.3%) women will be diagnosed with breast cancer during their lifetime. One of our beloved Spinning Master Instructors, ... Read More »

Do You Really Need a Disco Ball? Evaluating the Effectiveness of Experiential Exercise

Discoball-feature660

With a growing number of health clubs and independent studios in the United States, fitness instructors face increased competition to attracting and retaining the over 20 million participants engaged in group exercise classes. In response, many fitness professionals have capitalized on the concept of “experiential exercise,” which, according to an article published in IDEA Fitness Journal, elevates a basic fitness ... Read More »

Contraindications in the Spinning® Program

Contraindications feature

By Sarah Ness, Certified Spinning® Instructor I am very lucky to have the benefit of riding with great groups and have worked hard to provide them safe and effective workouts. Having a very full schedule of my own, I don’t often get the chance to attend other classes as a participant. I like to believe that all instructors are teaching ... Read More »

How to Motivate Your Riders Without Music

Motivation-without-Music

By Jennifer Tipton, Certified Spinning® Instructor | California, United States Music is a motivating factor. It is incredibly rewarding when a student compliments our music selection after class because, for many participants, the music really drives the energy of a great Spinning® class. As seasoned instructors, we are committed to creating great playlists and keeping our classes alive and fresh. We spend ... Read More »

How to Create Killer Cues in Your Spinning® Classes

Killer-Cues-Luciana-teaching

By Luciana Marcial-Vincion, Spinning® Master Instructor and Team Manager for the Global Spinning Master Instructor Team | South Carolina, United States Take the quiz now for 1 SPIN® CEC Go! Push it! Feel it! You can do it! C’mon! Whoohooo! Sound familiar? If you’ve ever struggled with trying to find cues that have more impact and depth for your Spinning® classes, ... Read More »