Home » Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness

image_pdfimage_print

Staying Inspired Through a Long Cold Winter

cold-winter-header

By Sarah Ness Wow! It’s February already. For those of us in the “Great White North”, it already feels like an unusually long winter. We are certainly living up to the ‘white’ description with all this snow. Add the frigid -30 degree Celsius temperatures (that’s -22 degrees Fahrenheit for our neighbors to the south), and many of us would simply ... Read More »

The After Exercise Hungries Are Here

after-exercise

By Helen M Ryan You know that feeling after you Spinning® class. You aren’t hungry at first. But then an hour or so after class, it starts…that gnawing feeling of hunger that nags at you incessantly. “Feed me, feed me!” your body seems to scream! And if you’re not careful, you’ll satiate that sudden intense hunger with whatever is  instantly ... Read More »

How to Plan Ahead Like a PRO

plan ahead

By Andrea Gnys “Failing to plan is planning to fail” The quote above could not be more accurate. It’s Sunday night, and you know you should put something together for your lunch for tomorrow, or even maybe take some meat out of the freezer for dinner tomorrow night. But you decide to stay on the couch a little while longer ... Read More »

Setting (and Reaching) Goals

setting goals header

By Kathryn Wilder Goal setting is an important method to build momentum, motivation and confidence as your riders strive to make their New Year’s resolutions a reality. What better time to share goal-setting strategies than at the start of a brand new year? Here are some tips to help your students set and reach their goals: Create a journal. Recording thoughts and ... Read More »

What to Add to Your 2016 Routine

2016 routine

By Jennifer Ward, RD, LDN, CLC, CPT With just a few days away from the start of 2016, you will probably end up “throwing caution to the wind” and indulge in a several day-long eating festival, take a big long break from exercise only to start 2016 less healthy, less fit and carrying a few more pounds. But it’s all ... Read More »

The Top 10 Spinning® Moments of 2015

Spinning7 Muscle Beach_C9U4131

As the year winds down with the endless resolutions and holiday feasts, all the fitness hype you experienced since last winter is ranked into a best and worst list through every fitness channel you can find. But here at Spinning®, we want to give you the best of 2015, as this year topped the charts for wellness, breakthroughs and our ... Read More »

Why Your Nutrition Solutions Aren’t Working

Nutrition-Suggestions-NEW

By Jennifer Ward, RD, LDN, CLC, CPT As consumers, we are constantly bombarded with articles, guidelines, studies and products that promise easy weight loss and “everlasting” results. However, the solutions often don’t work as promised. The reasons for this are numerous, but here is just a few to start: When following a nutritional suggestion, there is always a way to ... Read More »

Fun Fitness Holiday Activities

Fun-Fitness-Holiday

By Kate Amos While the presents and food are always fun, the holidays are really about spending time with family. For many, this means relaxing on the couch watching football or classic movies. But before you settle in for an afternoon of lounging, use some of that holiday free time to get outdoors and get active. Discover a New Path ... Read More »

Stealth Health in Your Workout Routine

Stealth-Health

By Jennifer Ward, RD, LDN, CLC, CPT I’ll never forget finishing second in the swimming section of a local triathlon and my boyfriend (now husband) asking me what happened. Even though I told him that I swam competitively for 10 years, no one knew at the time that I was going to the gym early every morning and training for ... Read More »