Home » Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness

Spinning® Sneak Peek July 2015

July-Sneak-Peek-Spinning

Are you ready for your summer adventure? Before you set off on your travels, let us at Spinning® help you pack the “suitcase of courage”! This month, we’re helping you dig deep and find the courageousness inside of you to prepare for your ultimate adventure! Advance Your Knowledge What do you do when your riders come to class without the ... Read More »

The Hidden Joys of Being Fit

Hidden-Joy-of-being-fit

By Maggie Winzeler of Wellnesswinz.com The benefits of exercise include weight loss, energy, health and more…obviously! But what about those not-so-obvious moments of joy that you experience at the end of a run? Or at the start of a Spinning® class, when the lights go dim and the music cranks up? It’s not just the larger physical changes that are ... Read More »

Spinning® Dads: Riding With Your Kids

Spinning-Dads-Riding-With-Kids

The “dadbod” may be all the rage on social media these days, but smart dads know that regular exercise is important for so much more than just looking good while shirtless. From decreased blood pressure and lowered cholesterol to improved mood and increased energy, making a habit of exercise like Spinning® classes and outdoor cycling can help you not just ... Read More »

Paleo Creamy Lemon Dijon Salad Dressing | Katie Bressack

Lemon-Dill-header

Our Spinning® health experts have teamed up with Primal Kitchen to bring foodies healthy and delicious meals and desserts. We bring you this week’s recipe for paleo lobster salad with lemon herb aioli courtesy of Katie Bressack; check out more of Katie’s paleo recipes on her blog, The Simple Taste Kitchen. Directions: Blend together the mayo, mustard, garlic, and lemon juice, into a small bowl. ... Read More »

Paleo Curried Chicken and Cabbage | The Paleo Chef

curried-cabbage-chicken-salad-Paleo-chef

Our Spinning® health experts have teamed up with Primal Kitchen to bring foodies healthy and delicious meals and desserts. We bring you this week’s recipe for paleo curried chicken and cabbage courtesy of Mary Shenouda. Check out more of Mary’s paleo recipes on her blog, The Paleo Chef. Ingredients: 1/2 cup Primal Kitchen Mayo 1 tbsp curry spice 2 tsp ginger 2 tbsp cashew butter 1/2 ... Read More »

Spinning® Sneak Peek June 2015

sneak-peek-june-2015

Throughout June, we here at Spinning® are celebrating the latest in cycling and fitness technology as we honor dads and grads. We have the best gifts in mind and the best inspiration for dads who want to change their “dad bods.” Advance Your Knowledge Teaching special populations is something every instructor encounters, but this month, we’re sharing instructors who have ... Read More »

Two Myths That Mis-shape Your Mindset (and Your Body)

myths-misshape

By Chere Lucett Over coffee the other morning, my friend started telling me about this amazing exercise that “literally melts away fat from your abs.” I almost choked on my Gevalia dark roast and tried my best not to roll my eyes. I’ve been in the fitness industry for 20 years, written countless articles, researched high-level current concept papers and ... Read More »

Paleo Faux-Tato Salad | Coco’s Paleo Kitchen

fauxtato-salad-feature

Our Spinning® health experts have teamed up with Primal Kitchen to bring foodies healthy and delicious meals and desserts. We bring you this week’s recipe for paleo lobster salad with lemon herb aioli courtesy of Valerie Coco; check out more of Valerie’s paleo recipes on her blog, Coco’s Paleo Kitchen. Directions: 1. Steam chopped cauliflower just enough to still have a bit of bite to ... Read More »