Home » Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness

The Four Pillars of Fitness

By Brooke Hayward It is very important to have a basic understanding of what is being trained in order to accomplish our goals. Are you aware of the four pillars of fitness that make up the foundation for training? As a Certified Spinning® Instructor, it’s our job to deliver a workout that incorporates these very basic principles. Let’s break these pillars ... Read More »

Riding with Gratitude

By Helen M. Ryan “When it comes to life, the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude.”  ~G.K. Chesterton Have you ever had one of those moments when you’re talking to someone who you haven’t seen in a long time, and you realize that while you’ve been complaining about mundane things in life ... Read More »

Five Traits of Inspiring People

By Cori Parks Whether you’re a Spinning® instructor, facility manager or enthusiast, inspiration is the name of the game. But who is inspiring and how did they get there? Do you sometimes feel like you’re preaching to the choir? I mean, I love it when I teach and someone says something like “I needed that…” or “I really felt like ... Read More »

Five Ways to Share Breast Cancer Awareness

This October, we want to honor all those that have endured, survived and passed in the battle against breast cancer. For some companies, this honor begins and ends at wearing pink throughout the month. But we here at Spinning® want to give you some proactive tips for sharing breast cancer awareness and helping to combat the disease: Privately honor the ... Read More »

Three Key Qualities of the Perfect Cool-down

Cool Down

Cooling down is an essential part of every training session. Unfortunately, it’s a component that many students and instructors tend to skimp on. Consider these benefits—and you’ll think twice before hurrying through a half-hearted cool-down: Cooling down reduces the risk of soreness and injury, as well as the dizziness and nausea that can result from a rapid drop in blood pressure. Your ... Read More »

Tips for Getting a Good Night’s Sleep

By Donna Minotti In addition to making sure we get enough proper nutrition to keep ourselves healthy, we also need to make sure we obtain enough sleep. We all need to rest to grow, to grow older in a healthy state, to grow stronger and to grow wiser. During the wee hours of the morning is when our bodies are ... Read More »

The Cyclists’ Glossary Part Two

By Kate Amos After posting the Cyclists’ Glossary last June, we here at Spinning® wanted to share a few more terms for you to recognize on the road or in your Spinning classes. Burn a Match (verb): To put in a hard effort. Every rider has a limited amount of all-out efforts they can complete, and choosing to spend that ... Read More »