SPINPower® Instructor Training
Spinner® Blade ION™
Revolutionize your ride with power-based training! The global leader in indoor cycling innovations, Spinning® is once again on the cutting edge with the Spinner® Blade ION™ and SPINPower® Instructor Certification. The Spinner Blade ION strain gauge and ANT+ power meter provides riders with real-time measurements of individual effort for greater training efficiency and performance results.
The Spinner Blade ION power meter technology is coupled with an exclusive power-based training program developed by Angie Sturtevant, Spinning® Master Instructor, sports performance and weight-loss specialist, and among her many titles, USA Cycling Elite Level 1 and Power Coach.
The SPINPower program is a true enterprise opportunity for Official Spinning Facilities and a distinguishing certification for Certified Spinning Instructors. The SPINPower technology is unique because it tells riders how hard they are working, allows them to measure progress, and tells them what fitness variables they need to change. SPINPower program features:
- A Personal Spinning Threshold Test (PST) informs the creation of customized SPINPower training zones
- Post-ride data analysis allows a rider to monitor and evaluate progress, and compare those results over time
- The Spinner Blade ION provides an accurate measurement of how many calories a rider is burning
- A generator built into the flywheel powers the Spinning computer, so there are no batteries to replace
GET SPINPOWER® CERTIFIED!
Attend the 1-day SPINPower® Instructor Training to learn the principles of power and how SPINPower science-based training with the Spinner® Blade ION™ helps your clients reach their fitness and performance goals. After the workshop, only Certified Spinning Instructors may complete the online exam and earn the SPINPower Instructor Certification required to teach SPINPower classes.*
Highlights of SPINPower® Instructor Training:
- Learn the benefits of power-based training
- Learn how to perform a Personal Spinning Threshold (PST) test
- Learn how to develop customized SPINPower Zones
- Learn how to create SPINPower rides
The SPINPower Instructor Training is open to any fitness or cycling professional. Certified Spinning Instructors receive 14 SPIN® continuing education credits (CECs)/STAR points when they earn their SPINPower Instructor Certification—all the CECs required to keep their Spinning Instructor Certification current.
The SPINPower Instructor Training is also pre-approved for CEC/CEUs with USAC**, USAT, ACE, AFAA and NASM. Please contact your certification provider if your certification is not listed or if you have questions about eligibility and petition requirements for the SPINPower Instructor Training.
Would you like your facility to host a SPINPower Instructor Training? Contact our Workshop Coordination Team for more information.
*Expired Spinning instructors please note: You may attend the SPINPower Instructor Training; however, you must recertify before you can take the online SPINPower exam to become a Certified SPINPower Instructor. Contact a Spinning Program Support Specialist to request a recertification exam for $79.00 (the regular renewal fee). You may reach a Spinning Program Support Specialist at 1.800.847.7746, Monday–Friday, 7:00am– 5:00pm Pacific Time.
**USAC CEUs awarded only if the presenting master instructor is USAC Power Certified (currently, Angie Sturtevant only)
SPINNER® BLADE ION™
- Strain-gauge technology to accurately measure the rider’s actual power output
- Green, environmentally friendly self-powering flywheel generator reduces consumption and replacement of batteries and allows "always on" backlighting for computer display
- Simple, intuitive computer display with large easy to read data
- Operational display with power, time, cadence, heart rate, distance and kilocalories (ANT+ and Polar® compatible with ANT+ tracking devices and programs)
- Summary display with peak power, average power, time, average heart rate, average cadence, total distance and total calories
- Patent pending taper fit bottom bracket and pedal system for increased strength and reliability
- Superior biomechanics with a Q factor of 158 mm
- Smooth chain drive system delivers an authentic riding feel
- Custom dual-sided SPD® compatible pedals featuring an oversized pedal body
- Simple and responsive control resistance knob with direct pressure emergency stop
- Non-rusting urethane/over-molded leveling feet, for easy leveling adjustment
Warranty: Frame is covered for 10 years from the date of purchase for structural failure. Additionally, the Spinner® Blade ION™ frame is warrantied for five (5) years from the date of purchase against build-up and propagation of rust. Power/Watts Computer, Flywheel and Generator Assembly, Brake Knob Assembly, Handle Bar Assembly, Seat Post and Foot Adjustments are covered for three (3) years from the date of purchase. Handle Bar Post Plastic Sleeve, Seat Post Plastic Sleeve, Bottom Bracket Assembly, Seat Saddle Assembly and Pop-Pin Assembly, are covered for two (2) years for the date of purchase. Pedals, Chain, Brake Pad Assembly, Rubber Frame Guard, Brass Brake Nut and remaining parts are covered for one (1) year from the date of purchase. An advance warranty replacement kit of wear items is included, consisting of: one (1) brake pad and two (2) pedal straps.
To place an order for the Spinner® Blade ION, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.