SPINPower® Instructor Training
Spinner® Blade ION™
Power meter innovation has proven effective in maximizing training efficiency and enhancing fitness and performance results for cyclists of all levels. As the most recognized name in indoor cycling and a worldwide leader in indoor cycling education, Spinning® is once again on the cutting edge of technology and comprehensive education. With the launch of strain-gauge power meter technology, backed by an exclusive power-based training program from Angie Sturtevant, Mad Dogg Athletics unleashes the power of innovation and knowledge with the Spinner® Blade ION and the power-based Spinpower Instructor Certification for certified Spinning instructors.
Revolutionize your Spinning program with power-based training! The Spinner Blade ION takes the proven accuracy of strain gauge technology, combined with the highest level in power-based education, to bring a true professional development opportunity for instructors and Official Spinning Facilities.
By incorporating power-based training within your Spinning program, your facility will be able to provide members with:
- Science-based training principles for individual weight loss, fitness and performance goals.
- Individualized training using the Personal Spinning Threshold Test (PST). The PST Test establishes a baseline power threshold to create customized Spinpower training zones.
- High quality, power-based Spinning classes built around effective, individualized program design.
- Post-ride data analysis, allowing one to monitor and evaluate progress, and most importantly, GET RESULTS!
GET SPINPOWER® CERTIFIED!
Attend the 1-day Spinpower® Instructor Training to learn the principles of power and how Spinpower science-based training with the Spinner® Blade ION™ helps your clients reach their fitness and performance goals. After the workshop, Certified Spinning Instructors may complete the online assessment and earn the Spinpower Instructor Certification required to teach Spinpower classes.
Highlights of Spinpower Instructor Training:
- Learn the benefits of power-based training
- Learn how to perform a Personal Spinning Threshold (PST) test
- Learn how to develop customized Spinpower® Zones
- Learn how to create Spinpower rides
The Spinpower Instructor Training is open to any fitness or cycling professional. Certified Spinning Instructors receive 14 Spinning continuing education credits (CECs)/STAR points when they earn their Spinpower Instructor Certification— all the CECs required to keep their Spinning Instructor Certification current.
The Spinpower Instructor Training is also pre-approved for CECs with ACE, AFAA, NASM. Please contact your certification provider if your certification is not listed or if you have questions about eligibility and petition requirements for the Spinpower Instructor Training.
Would you like your facility to host a Spinpower Instructor Training? Contact our Workshop Coordination Team for more information.
SPINNER® BLADE ION
- Operational display with power, time, cadence, heart rate, distance and kilocalories
- Summary display with peak power, average power, time, average heart rate, average cadence, total distance and total calories
- ANT+ and Polar® compatible/compatible with ANT+ tracking devices and programs
- Patent pending taper fit bottom bracket and pedal system for increased strength and reliability
- Superior biomechanics with an industry leading Q factor to simulate a real road bike
- Powerful chain drive system delivers an authentic riding feel
- Custom dual-sided SPD® pedals featuring a larger pedal body and both SPD and toe cage design
- Smooth control resistance knob with direct pressure emergency stop
- Non-rusting urethane/over-molded leveling feet, for easy leveling adjustment
- Accommodates riders 4’ 10” (147.3 cm) to 6’ 10” (208.3 cm) with a maximum recommended weight capacity of 350 lbs (158.8 kg)
- Data readings are taken once every 250 milliseconds (4x per sec) and update the computer display once every sec. Max watts can be determined on one-second intervals.
Model number: 7220
Overall dimensions: 21” width x 56.5” length x 42” height (53.3 x 143.5 x 106.6 cm)*
Overall weight: 126 lbs (57.2 kg)
Flywheel weight: 38 lbs (17.2 kg)
Color: Frame: Star Trac Silver, Shroud: Black, Flywheel: Blue
Warranty: Frame is covered for 10 years from the date of purchase for structural failure. Additionally, the Spinner® Blade ION frame is warrantied for five (5) years from the date of purchase against build-up and propagation of rust. Power/Watts Computer, Flywheel and Generator Assembly, Brake Knob Assembly, Handle Bar Assembly, Seat Post and Foot Adjustments are covered for three (3) years from the date of purchase. Handle Bar Post Plastic Sleeve, Seat Post Plastic Sleeve, Bottom Bracket Assembly, Seat Saddle Assembly and Pop-Pin Assembly, are covered for two (2) years for the date of purchase. Pedals, Chain, Brake Pad Assembly, Rubber Frame Guard, Brass Brake Nut and remaining parts are covered for one (1) year from the date of purchase. An advance warranty replacement kit of wear items is included, consisting of: one (1) brake pad and two (2) pedal straps.
To place an order for the Spinner® Blade ION, e-mail email@example.com.