Welcome to THE SPINNING® PROGRAM in the UK and Ireland. This page is to guide certified Spinning® Instructors through frequently asked questions.
If you have a question that doesn't appear below then please feel free to contact our education helpdesk (Opening hours Monday - Friday 10.00am - 4.00pm) with the exception of public holidays.
- SPINNER® Bike enquiries: www.precor.com
- PTSPORTS: For Spinning® Clothing, Accessories email@example.com
PPL: Music License Information www.ppluk.com
- REPS: Register of Exercise Professionals www.exerciseregister.org
- PROFESSIONAL FITNESS: Instructor Insurance - www.professional-fitness.co.uk
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
I AM INTERESTED IN BECOMING A SPINNING®INSTRUCTOR.
- What do I need? See pre-requisite information below.
- What are the dates and where? Go to www.spinning.com and go to ‘Become an Instructor’
- How do I book for a course? After you click on become an instructor and filter the UK or IRELAND where you want to train, select the course of your choice, then register, then download and complete the booking payment form from the link as directed and return to us via fax, scan or post within 7 days.
I AM A SPINNING® INSTRUCTOR BUT CAN'T REMEMBER MY ONLINE USERNAME?
See point 2 below.
HOW MANY SPINNING CEC’s (POINTS) DO I HAVE?
Log on to your instructor online account and view your Education History.
Tip: Make sure you log into your instructor account and not an old consumer account. If you think you have duplicate accounts.... let us know and we will correct this for you.
WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP IN MY INSTRUCTOR PROCESS?
Further details are available on www.spinning.com. Details are also listed below.
WHEN SHOULD I TAKE MY LEVEL 1 INSTRUCTOR ASSESSMENT?
Level 1 Assessment process. Recently certified or a little late on taking your assessment?
We would like to remind you of the need to finalize the first stage of your Spinning® Instructor Training by successfully completing the online Level 1 Assessment 6 month after you certification weekend to allow you time to learn the manual. We recommend that you take the assessment within 12 months of your training date.
The following steps will guide you on this process:-
- Open a web browser page and go to www.spinning.com Click the top right link LOG IN
- Enter your username & password - If you have not used this before, please use the link “forgot username or password.” This will guide you to use your e-mail address that you provided at your Spinning® Instructor Training.
Tip: Remember to enter your instructor username and password and not create a new account as this can cause problems logging in.
- Your Take Assessment link will appear on your Instructor profile page Tip: If this link does not appear, then check that you do not have another account set up at another time. If you do not recall, or your account was set up by another person on your behalf, then email the education helpdesk with your details and date of education to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete your online assessment and click submit. You should receive your % results back immediately on the screen. Note that there is an 80% pass mark to achieve.
Aim for the top: Join the elite instructors and move forward with your advanced continuing education to work towards Level 2 & Level 3 Instructor levels straight after you complete your Spinning® Instructor Training.
CERTIFICATION RENEWAL - DON'T FORGET!
Spinning® instructor certification expires two years after the date of your Spinning® Instructor Training. Keep your certification active and master the skills you need to teach unforgettable classes by earning at least 14 SPIN® CECs before your expiration date which appears on your instructor card and your online account the click RENEW on your online account. It is EASY to maintain your certification every two years. In fact you only need to achieve a weekend or a couple single days of advanced CED workshops to keep it and it’s not expensive.
Recertification is easy with SPIN® Membership at only €99 Euros available on www.spinning.com with discounts and benefits, including free renewal fee if you have enough Spinning® CEC points.
NEED SPINNING® CEC POINTS TO STAY CERTIFIED?
- Achieve one CEC point for each online Spinning® News Quiz you complete.
- Earn up to five SPIN® CECs by completing a home study course.
- Take a Spinning® Advanced CED workshop and earn 6-8 points in just one day! It’s that easy.
- Attend an Educational Event or Conference and earn up CEC points in a weekend of fun example: Spinning® Showcase Blackpool 21-23 March 2014
- Check out our 2016 events calendar too for SPINNING® RIDES hosted at Fitness Fiesta and more.
- Petition for Fitness Events CEC points where Spinning® Program presents. Fitness Fiesta events are Petition Point events at 2 points per day. You can download the petition form from the website.
- Earn up to eight SPIN® CECs for courses covering such areas as CPR/AED, biomechanics, heart rate training and exercise science by petitioning points earned from qualifying activities.
- Need all 14 SPIN® CECs? Our Spinning CED Weekender and home study recertification packages give you everything you need. Or attend the World Spinning and Sports Conference in Miami to earn up to 14 points in one incredible weekend!
RECOMMENDATIONS & PRE-REQUISITES
In addition to your ongoing continuing education, as a fitness professional, and to be able to acquire fitness instructor liability insurance we recommend that you have the following prior to acquiring a teaching position as guided by REPS and industry standards (Register of Exercise Professionals).
Tip: Most fitness clubs require you to be REPS accredited and safe prior to allowing you to teach members of the public. We agree! The Spinning® Program is the GOLD standard in indoor cycling education. We also follow the inclusive fitness code of practice and wherever possible we will find a way to help you learn.
- A level 2 Fitness qualification or equivalent. (Exercise to music, Gym instructor, or Pre-learning Exercise Physiology Fundamentals home study for the Spinning® Program which can be ordered together with your Spinning Certification.
- Essential minimum bike fitness (6 weeks aerobic training on Spinner® Bike prior to training course) CPR Certification (2 SPIN® CECs) & First Aid Certification (1 SPIN® CECs) (see petitioning points) At least a basic knowledge of exercise physiology (covered in Spinning home study "Exercise Physiology Fundamentals" A basic knowledge of the biomechanics of cycling Access to a SPINNER® bike for training and teaching purposes after your course.
IS THE SPINNING® EDUCATION REPS ACCREDITED?
The Spinning Programme Certification (2 Day plus STAR 1 online assessment) is endorsed by the Register of Exercise Professionals, an independent body designed to govern standards within the fitness industry's instructors. Completing the Spinning Certification will achieve 16 REPS CPD's. Please present your Certificate with your STAR 1 Instructor Card along with your Clinic Certification to REPS as required or complete the online REPS CPD entry. You may also use the REPS online account facility. www.exerciseregister.org