Preventative Spinner® Bike Maintenance
Performing regularly scheduled preventative maintenance is essential to keeping your Spinner® bikes in top operating condition. Without preventative maintenance, normal wear and tear may cause cumulative effects, such as misalignment or early replacement of parts.
Following is a list of factory-recommended preventative maintenance requirements and schedules along with additional detailed procedures. For more information, please download the Preventative Maintenance Handbook, a comprehensive guide to maintaining your Star Trac® Spinner bikes.
Please note: This handbook is not intended as a replacement to the Owner's Manual.
Daily Maintenance Checklist
Critical PointsThe life of the bike will be determined by how consistent daily maintenance is performed.
- Wiping down the bike at the end of each day, or preferably at the end of each class will prevent rust and other forms of corrosion to build up. Never use abrasive cleaning liquids or oil base when wiping down the bike.
- Do not wipe down the chain with soap or towel. Use a cleaning brush to remove any debris buildup if needed. At the end of each class, students should release all the tension from the bike to allow perspiration to evaporate.
- If your facility allows members to interchange pedals, then it is critical that the pedals are checked after each class to prevent damage and possible injury.
- Water bottle cages are easily damaged during class when oversized bottles are forced to fit within bottle cage. Checking and tightening the screws will help prevent damage.
Wipe DownUsing an absorbent cloth, focus on all areas that perspiration can settle. Raise all posts to the highest setting to expose moisture.
- Front leg assembly
- Back leg assembly
- Chain guard
- Brake knob and bolt assembly
- Pop pins
- Levelling feet
InspectionInspect major moving parts that require constant proper torque, which can cause injury or damage if ignored.
- Crank arms: Use a foot pound torque wrench 30 to 35 pounds.
- Pedals: Use a pedal wrench. Verify that the pedal is not cross-threaded.
- Water bottle: Tighten assembly screws.